There are different archetypes of decks in Clash Royale:
- Fast cycle decks: low-elixir decks with cards like Hog Rider or Miner (3.0 elixir cost or below)
- Beatdown decks: high-elixir decks with tank cards like Golem, Electro Giant, Lava Hound or Giant.
- Spell-Bait decks: make the opponent waste his spell and punish with other cards.
- Siege decks: decks with structures as a unique win-condition. Examples are Mortar and X-Bow.
In this post, we will talk about Siege decks, what are the best decks and how to use this “non-loved-for-everyone” archetype.
The 6 Best Siege Decks in today
X-bow cycle 3.0
X-bow cycle with Electro Spirit
Deck Mortar Firecracker
Mortar Rocket cycle
Mortar Wizard deck
As I already explained in the introduction, these decks use the structure as a win-condition, there are several decks with Mortar that are not considered Siege decks (for example, decks with Mortar and bait cards, usually paired with Miner).
How to play Siege decks
- Focus opposite lane. You have to attack the lane that the opponent is not attacking. Why? Imagine a Hog Rider used on the same lane, if it’s used with a Fireball to your Tower, the opponent will have a lot of value from it.
- Always have in hand enough elixir to defend. Tesla on X-bow is a key so keep in mind that you should have always 4 elixir to defend against enemy attacks.
- Apply pressure. You are the one who has to control the battle, especially in the early stages.
- Defend. In some games you’ll find yourself that you won’t need to lock any X-bow or Mortar to opponent’s Tower, you just have to defend and Spell cycle with Fireball or Rocket to enemy Princess Tower in Double or Triple Elixir.
- Spell value. Use your big spells on the enemy once it gives you enough elixir value. For example, don’t use Rocket on a Princess even if it hits its Tower, it’s not worth it (but a Fireball is). Using Fireball on a Wizard at single elixir time is not a good idea as it’ll stay alive anyways and you’ll have to defend it if the opponent uses a tank in front.
- Tornado to victory. The players will use troops in the middle of the arena to distract your Mortar or X-Bow. You can always use Tornado to move it out of range and make your Siege card attack the tower.