It’s time to go back to a simpler time, with no battles to fight and no fears when night falls, it’s time to play Minecraft Classic. This famous game may have changed over the years, but its essence, that which has endeared it to gamers, has remained the same. Immerse yourself in a blast from the past!
Thanks to Mojang, its original creator, the original version released in 2009 is available. This was the one that gave rise to this whole revolution of virtual worlds built with cubes.
Meet a Steve, 10 years younger
This version of Minecraft Classic is 0.023, the original system developed by Markus Persson in 2009 for Mojang. It pays a small tribute to the entire history and success of this video game.
Minecraft Classic for browser is only available in creative mode. You’ll be able to build without limits, without the need to get resources or prepare for the dangers of the night. You will be surrounded by the familiar cubic landscape and pixelated textures representing hills, caverns, deserts, and forests.
This creative mode will only allow you to use 32 blocks with different materials such as stone, sand, and wood to make constructions.
This game has a great spirit of nostalgia. It is designed for those regular enthusiasts of later versions who want to know the origins of their favorite title. Even Steve, the main character, has characteristics typical of that era.
How to play Minecraft Classic
Although up to this point the references are to a very simple game, this one retains all the elements that made it a success. Because of this, we can get cool features like the following:
- You can play it without downloading, directly in the browser, and completely online. You simply need to register a user number and you can start touring your new world.
- Share with your friends. Minecraft Classic allows you to play in multiplayer mode and share adventures with up to 9 of your best buddies anywhere in the world.
- Free version. There is no cost to download the game to your computer.
- No cost to download the game to your computer.
- You can choose up to three different world sizes.
- Full-screen gameplay is available.
- The fog system can be activated.
- It comes with an availability of 32 types of blocks.
This version keeps the classic movement controls from the keyboard and the construction options from the mouse.
- You can use the W, A, S, D keys to move the character.
- Left-click with the mouse to place or destroy a block.
- Right-click with the mouse to start the construction mode.
- You can use the number keys from 1 to 9 to choose a block.
- Click with the left mouse button to place or destroy a block.
- Pressing the Enter key saves the position.
- The R key is used to load a new position.
- The B key opens the menu with the 32 block types.
- The T key activates the mode for chatting with your teammates in the game.
- Pressing F activates the fog mode.
Some things you will miss
Not everything is rosy in this version of Minecraft. Being the most simplified version of the game it is possible to miss some features that you might be used to. Don’t worry about it and try to enjoy the classic experience.
- As it is a browser version it does not allow the use of mods, one of the main features of the latest versions of the game.
- It is a very simplified version of the interface.
- The errors (bugs) of the first versions are present.
- Only offers creative mode. Survival mode is disabled.
Everything smells like nostalgia
Exploding cubes and watching them shatter to pieces is one of the greatest symbols of nostalgia. This version is perfect to remember a milestone in the world of video games and celebrate more than 10 years of a release that started a genre and still continues to gain fans and followers.
Although they enjoy the simplicity of the version, it is obvious that most diehard fans will miss a large number of elements. However, this evens out both veterans of pixelated worlds and novices traversing its landscapes for the first time. They will benefit thanks to its intuitive controls and menu clarity.
What makes this version so important is how with exploration, imagination, and construction you can erect architectural wonders, which entertain you for hours.
Minecraft Classic can appeal to the novice and the veteran so that both will be hooked. It will serve for the former to make the leap to a full version and for the latter to endorse why they dedicated so much time to a game and made it an important part of their lives.
Minecraft posts you might be interested in: