If you are one of the users who were eagerly waiting for the new voice chat feature, we have great news: Roblox has recently enabled it. Accessing this option is very easy, you just need to verify your age.
If you have no idea how to get the voice chat functionality in Roblox, in this post we have compiled for you all the fundamental details you need to know. Read on and try out this latest feature so craved by many players.
What do you need to do to activate voice chat
Until now something common to online games that were missing in Roblox was voice chat. With the addition of this feature, you can say goodbye to having to communicate solely through text messages or through preset actions and sound bites.
With the “special voice chat” feature, you can have a pleasant and realistic experience that alters the volume (and sometimes the sound) of the speakers depending on your position in the game world. It is common in simulators and realistic games.
We explain below all the steps you must follow to activate it. It is very important for you to know that this function is accompanied by some very necessary security features to prevent abuse. Remember that it is only available for young people over the age of 13.
Among those features is the ability to report users who engage in inappropriate behavior or disable the chat at any time if you don’t feel comfortable.
Verify your age
Before you can activate the voice chat, it is a prerequisite that you are over 13 years old and verifies it on Roblox. In this way, the platform will allow you to access this new function.
You must have your identification document at hand. If you meet all the essential conditions, follow the steps below to verify your age:
- Log in to your account and go to the settings section
- Click on “Account information”
- Your date of birth should appear in your details. Below this should be a button with the option to “verify my age”. Click on this.
- A pop-up window will appear asking you to scan a QR code with your mobile device.
- Once scanned, the site will redirect you to roblox.com/verify. This site will start the process of verifying your age.
- Select the “Sign in” option and follow the instructions.
- You must scan all the documents that the site requires you to provide.
- You must upload a selfie to prove you are the same person.
- Go back to the Roblox session and you will find out whether or not you have fulfilled all the conditions.
Activate the special voice chat option
Once everything is in order regarding the minimum age requirements of the platform, you can activate this amazing feature. All you have to do is follow the steps below:
- Log in to your account and go to the configuration options
- Select the privacy tab.
- You will see a switch with the “Special Voice” option. You simply need to activate the option.
- Once you proceed to turn it on, it will change from gray to green to indicate that the voice chat option is enabled for your control.
- If you want to disable voice chat, you must turn it on.
- If you want to disable it in the future, you can again follow the above steps and then click on the “turn off” option.
- You can also enter the Voice chat option for control.
- You can also go to the game’s help page. Here you will get more information on how to block users or make complaints against abusive players.
It is important for you to know that in order to use the in-game feature you will need to find a compatible “experience” in Roblox. Only experiences created by age-verified users can enable Spatial Voice Chat.
When you enter such an experience you will probably see other users swarming around with microphone icons next to their username. That indicates that the user is also using voice chat.
Players can mute other users by clicking on the aforementioned microphone icon above that player’s head. This is a great solution if that user is engaging in inappropriate behavior.
Mutes only apply to the current game session and will not carry over to future interactions with that player. If you prefer to permanently prevent someone from talking to you, just block them as you normally would.
In Roblox, there have been many conflicts related to abuse and bad influence by some adults towards children. However, since the developer has put so much effort into this feature, there may be some solution to avoid these kinds of problems in voice chat.
It is expected that later on, the developers will continue to improve and expand its features so that all users can have an amazing experience.
Best of all are the security options. These guarantee to a certain extent that the youngest users are not left unprotected and vulnerable when playing.
All in all, it is a very interesting option that has just been implemented, and that players are still experimenting and making the most of it.
If you are a Roblox fan and want more guides like these, we recommend guides that will help you: