Since its official launch in 2006, Roblox has become one of the most fun multiplayer platforms on the market. With millions of active players and a good compatibility spectrum, there are few complaints from those who spend hours a day lost in virtual worlds.
One of the exceptions, however, is the delay that can be generated at the moment of executing a game. In view of this, here we list a couple of things you can implement to reduce it.
What is lag and what are its causes?
In lag is the feeling of delay, slowness or “stuttering” that occurs, in most cases, when errors occur in communication with the server.
In other contexts, this is usually perceived with low latency, but in the case of video games, due to the development of actions, it is usually very marked to the point that can significantly disrupt the flow and generate discomfort in the gamers.
There are many causes that can generate this condition, but the main one is the inconvenience with the connection. If this is the case, it is usually related to the pig (the time it takes to send and receive data).
Other possible causes are the location of the game servers, the parallel execution of other programs that consume the bandwidth, the number of people connected to the network and the hardware resources of the device where the game is running.
Why does the game produce lag on the PC?
When the game suddenly starts to slow down, it is called lag. There are several reasons why Roblox lags the PC. Here are the main reasons:
- Outdated network adapter and graphics driver.
- Excess of accumulated temporary files.
- High graphics level.
- Unnecessary programs that hog PC resources.
Before starting the solutions, it is important that your computer meets the minimum requirements for Roblox:
- Operating system: Windows 7, Windows 8 / 8.1 or Windows 10.
- Graphics card: DirectX 9 minimum and Shader Model 2.0.
- Processor: high-end processor with a clock speed of 1.6 GHz or higher.
- RAM: minimum 1 GB.
Storage space: at least 20 MB of free space.
If your computer meets the above specifications, you can proceed with the solutions we shared here. Otherwise, first take the necessary steps, such as upgrading your operating system, increasing storage space, or upgrading your graphics card.
How to eliminate the lag in Roblox
In the specific case of the lag in Roblox, there are some elements that may be interrupting the flow of your game. Following the developer’s own recommendations, you can try the following:
- Reduce the graphics level: which can be done in the menu by changing the graphics playback option from Automatic to Manual. After this, you will decrease the level of these so that the computer can process them more quickly and smoothly.
- The secondary programs: running secondary programs (in the background) can cause both bandwidth consumption and the consumption of the computer (or device where Roblox is running) resources. To remedy this, the programs/applications should be closed before starting a game.
- Place the modem in a closer location: or you can also choose to connect the computer directly to the Ethernet port in case you are playing from a computer. Make sure that there are not too many devices connected to the network that cause the connection speed to decrease.
- Improve your computer’s specifications: if this doesn’t work, you can choose to improve your computer’s hardware qualities. You can update the graphics card or expand the RAM to make it more powerful when processing game settings.
These are the 4 most useful tasks you can do to remove lag in Roblox, although it is possible that it still occurs depending on the methods that implement certain players.
This is known as lag switching and occurs when gamers deliberately create spam to take advantage of their opponents. This type of practice is prohibited on the platform and can lead to expulsion.
How to eliminate lag in Roblox
In the specific case of lag in Roblox, there are some elements that may be interrupting the fluidity of your game. Following the developer’s own recommendations, you can try the following:
- Reduce the graphics level: which can be done in the menu by changing the graphics playback option from Automatic to Manual. After that, you will decrease the graphics level so that the computer can process them faster and smoother.
- Secondary programs: running secondary programs (in the background) can cause both bandwidth and resource consumption of the computer (or device where Roblox is running). To remedy this, you should close the programs/applications before starting a game.
- Place the modem in a closer place: or you can also choose to connect the computer directly to the Ethernet port in case you are playing from a computer. Make sure that there are not too many devices connected to the network that could slow down the connection speed.
- Improve your computer’s specifications: in case the above does not work, you can choose to improve your computer’s hardware qualities. You can upgrade the graphics card or expand the RAM to make it more powerful when processing gaming options.
These are the 4 most useful tasks you can do to remove lag in Roblox, although it may still occur depending on the methods implemented by certain players.
Solution 1: Reduce the graphics level
If you have high graphics enabled, your computer will need more resources. If your PC does not meet the minimum requirements, Roblox will start to lag.
We will explain what to do to fix this:
- Open any game in Roblox.
- Click on the “Play” option. To play, you must have the Roblox player installed on your computer.
- On your keyboard, press Esc.
- Next, you will see some horizontal lines in the upper left corner, click there.
- Now, select the “Settings” option from the drop-down menu.
- Click on the “Graphics Mode” arrow and change it to “Manual”.
- Go to the “Graphics Quality” segment and click on the “-” (minus) sign to reduce it.
Solution 2: Close unnecessary programs
If too many programs are running that consume a lot of your computer’s resources, you may have difficulty running Roblox.
You should close unnecessary programs to fix this:
- Use the keyboard shortcut “Ctrl + Shift + Esc” to activate the Task Manager.
- When Task Manager appears on the screen, look for the “Processes” tab.
- Click on each of the active programs that you deem unnecessary and then choose “End Task” to stop them.
Solution 3: Delete temporary files
The accumulation of temporary files slows down your PC and has adverse effects on its performance. These files are among the main reasons why you have problems running Roblox.
Here we share how to delete them to correct this problem:
- Activate the “Run” box.
- Type “% temp%” and click OK or press “Enter”.
- Select all files in the “Temp” folder.
- Right-click and choose “Delete” from the context menu.
- If a pop-up window appears saying “The action cannot be completed because the file is open in Google Chrome”, check the “Do this for all current items” box and select “Skip”.
- Right-click on the Recycle Bin and empty it.
- Finally, check if the game works better after this.